Eric J. Parker is a co-founder of Parker Scheer LLP and serves as the firm’s Senior Partner. With over 35 years of experience in complex personal injury trial work, Attorney Parker represents adults and children injured or killed as a result of defectively designed or manufactured products, as well as victims of medical malpractice, nursing home abuse and neglect, defective premises, serious motor vehicle negligence, and aviation-related accidents.
Attorney Parker is listed in the prestigious volume: “Best Lawyers in America” under the dual categories of “Plaintiff’s Personal Injury Litigation” and “Plaintiff’s Product Liability Litigation”. He is an elected member of the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA; Elected President, Massachusetts Chapter, 2009-2010), and is a member of the American Association for Justice (formerly the Association of Trial Lawyers of America), the Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys, the Massachusetts Bar Association (Appointed Co-Chair: Task Force on Law, the Economy, and Underemployment 2011-2012), and the Lawyer-Pilots Bar Association. Mr. Parker has been named a “Massachusetts Super Lawyer” by the publishers of Boston Magazine every year since the designation was first created in 2004 (awarded to the top 5% of all Massachusetts attorneys), and has been repeatedly named a “Top 100 Lawyer” among all Massachusetts Super Lawyers, based on peer votes. Mr. Parker is also listed as among the “Top 100 Trial Lawyers” by the National Trial Lawyers Association, and is a certified member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
Mr. Parker holds the highest peer-review rating (AV) awarded to any attorney by Martindale-Hubbell. This rating is only awarded to lawyers and law firms which are found to possess “Preeminent Legal Ability” and who embrace the highest professional standards.
In addition to serving as the senior member of the firm’s Complex Personal Injury Practice Group, Mr. Parker is a member of the adjunct faculty at Suffolk University Law School in Boston where he teaches advanced tort litigation; an FAA licensed Private Airplane Pilot; and was a founding member of the Board of Trustees of the Media and Technology Charter High School of Boston (Elected Chairman of the Board, 2001-2005), whose mission is to prepare at- risk, inner-city Boston high school students to succeed in college and beyond. Since January 2007, Attorney Parker has served as an active member of the Editorial Board of Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly, the leading weekly newspaper serving the Massachusetts legal community. Mr. Parker is a current member of the Suffolk University Law School “Deans Cabinet” and served as an elected member of the Law School’s Alumni Board of Directors.
Before co-founding Parker Scheer, Attorney Parker was a partner in the Boston trial firm of Sarrouf, Tarricone & Flemming, PC. In addition to teaching at Suffolk University Law School, Attorney Parker has been a frequent guest lecturer at Boston College Law School, and served as a trial practice adviser to student participants in the Harvard Law School Trial Practice Program. Mr. Parker has authored articles on a wide range of legal topics including the representation of children in tort actions, and his cases have received regional and national press coverage, which have regularly been cited as among the “most important decisions” by the Massachusetts legal press.
Legal Papers and Publications
- “Great-West Life & Annuity Company v. Knudson: Contrary to the Belief of Some, Reports of the Death of ERISA-based Health-care Liens Have Been Greatly Exaggerated.” Massachusetts Bar Association Section Review, Vol. 4 No. 3, summer 2002.
- “Helpful Hints for Representing Children in Tort Actions,” Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly, October 1997.
Education & Jurisdictions Admitted To Practice
- A.B., Vassar College
- J.D., Suffolk University Law School
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- New York
- United States District Court, Massachusetts and New York
- United States Court of Appeals, First Circuit
Professional & Bar Association Memberships
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association.
- American Board of Trial Advocates (Past President, MA Chapter)
- The American Association for Justice
- Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys
- The Lawyer Pilots Bar Association
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
Professional Awards & Recognition
- 2004 – present – Massachusetts Super Lawyer, Boston Magazine
- 2012, 2014-present – Massachusetts Top 100 Lawyers, Boston Magazine
- 2012, 2015, 2017, 2019 – New England Top 100 Lawyers, Boston Magazine
- Best Lawyers in America, Product Liability & Plaintiffs Personal Injury