As a car accident law firm in Massachusetts, we know that approximately 10.8 million car accidents occurred in the United States in 2009, resulting in thousands of deaths and injuries. Due to this statistic, claims for injuries and death resulting from the negligent operation or maintenance of a motor vehicle, including cars, motorcycles, all-terrain vehicles (ATVs), and trucks, comprise one of the largest of personal injury-related claims. If you have a claim related to a car accident based on another driver’s negligence, you could be entitled to compensation for your injuries. This can include damages for your pain and suffering, as well as coverage for medical expenses, future wages, and lost wages.
The lawyers of Parker Scheer have represented hundreds upon hundreds of adults and children seriously injured or killed as a result of motor vehicle negligence. Our cases have involved single or multiple vehicles, pedestrians or bicyclists, and we understand the specialized care they require. The most common causes of car accidents include:
- Driver Distraction. This occurs when the driver is not paying full attention to the road, and includes texting while driving, talking with passengers, eating in the car, picking things up from the ground and any other activity that diverts his attention. It is very dangerous, and laws have been passed to restrict certain distracting activities, such as cell phone use.
- Driver Impairment. This occurs when the driver is not paying full attention to the road, and includes texting while driving, talking with passengers, eating in the car, picking things up from the ground and any other activity that diverts his attention. It is very dangerous, and laws have been passed to restrict certain distracting activities, such as cell phone use.
- Road Conditions. Whether there is a pothole in the road or a storm, poor road conditions are a major cause of car accidents. In many cases severe weather can cause drivers to lose control of their vehicle. (If you find yourself driving in these situations, it is important to slow down and pay extra attention in order to avoid an accident.)
- Exceeding Speed limits. Driving over the speed limit is dangerous and causes many serious accidents. This includes not only going over the speed limit in general, but also driving too quickly in poor conditions or heavy traffic—all of which create unsafe situations on the road.
Our success as car accident lawyers in Massachusetts can be attributed to several factors, including: (1) decades of combined experience representing clients in a wide variety of motor vehicle-related accidents; (2) prompt and aggressive representation of our clients before insurance companies and in State and Federal courts located throughout Massachusetts; (3) the quality and experience of the medical, technical and scientific experts with whom we regularly consult in connection with motor vehicle-related cases; (4) our ability to obtain outstanding results for our clients, often without the need for a trial before a judge or jury; and (5) a reputation for excellence that has earned Parker Scheer the highest rating awarded to a law firm for professional skill and ethics by Martindale & Hubbell®, the nation’s oldest and most respected directory of American lawyers and law firms.
Do You Need A Car Accident Lawyer? Find out if you have a case.
If you have suffered an injury in an auto accident due to the other car driver’s negligence, contact us for a free confidential case review and receive a response within hours, or call (617) 886-0500. If you need a car accident lawyer outside of Massachusetts, contact us for a referral.
- What to expect if you’ve been injured in a car accident – Lawyer’s perspective
- Selecting a Boston personal injury lawyer
Other Car Accident Resources