Medical Malpractice Lawyer Recognized By National Legal Organizations
- Our law firm has received the top rating from Martindale-Hubbell, which only gives this rating to the best lawyers and law firms.
- Meet with an award-winning lawyer on our team to discuss your legal options during a free consultation.
- Attorney Eric J. Parker is a certified member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, which is an exclusive group of attorneys that have won million-dollar verdicts and settlements.
- Look at the reviews on our website to learn about our honest and aggressive legal representation.
Each year, hundreds of thousands of adults and children are injured or die as a direct result of medical errors. According to at least one study published in the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) and conducted by the Institute of Medicine (IOC), medical malpractice is reportedly the third leading cause of death among people in the United States.
The report, entitled “To err is human,” which was issued by the IOM’s Quality of Health Care in America Project, describes two studies that attribute up to 100,000 deaths per year to medical mistakes. According to published statistics, 12,000 deaths per year are due to unnecessary surgery; 7000 deaths per year are due to medication errors in hospitals; 20,000 deaths per year are due to other errors in hospitals; 80,000 deaths per year are due to infections in hospitals; and 106,000 deaths per year are due to negative effects of drugs. Despite baseless claims by both the medical profession and the insurance giants that insure them, the rising costs of medical malpractice insurance are more directly tied to poor investment returns by the insurance companies than the result of “frivolous” lawsuits.
If you have been injured by a negligent medical professional in Boston, MA, it’s imperative that you seek legal representation from an experienced medical malpractice attorney right away.
Our Law Firm Explains the Different Forms of Medical Malpractice
Medical malpractice cases come in many forms, and as the result of many different types of cases. The most common include:
- Incorrect diagnosis or Failure to Diagnose: This type of medical malpractice case is the most common and often leads to a delay in treatment or health complications. Some of the conditions that are commonly misdiagnosed are cancer, heart disease, and strokes.
- Errors during Surgery: Whether a surgical error in anesthesia, accidental damage to a body part, or a complication resulting from the surgery, these can leave the patient with serious medical problems, and, in extreme cases, death.
- Birth Injuries: Doctors or nursing professionals may make mistakes during the delivery of a baby. As a result of these mistakes, the baby can suffer a brain injury, nerve damage, or broken bones.
- Failure to Treat: If your doctor fails to treat you properly for your condition, including discharging you too early and/or failure to follow-up post-treatment, you may have a medical malpractice case.
- Prescription Errors: This type of error varies greatly and can occur at the hospital, pharmacy or recovery facility.
This is not an all-inclusive list of the types of medical malpractice that may occur in the Boston area. Let an attorney review your case to determine if you should file a medical malpractice claim.
What Do Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Boston, Massachusetts Do?
What is a medical malpractice lawyer and what exactly does one do? Being represented by an experienced attorney is important in all personal injury cases, but especially those involving medical malpractice. These cases are incredibly complex and often require attorneys to hire expert witnesses and conduct thorough investigations in order to prove liability. You will need an attorney who has a deep understanding of complex medical issues to represent you if you want to achieve the best possible outcome in your case. If you don’t have an attorney, it will be a challenge to get the evidence that you need to prove the defendant’s liability.
What Do Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Massachusetts Charge For Their Legal Services?
One of the first questions that clients often ask is, “How much do medical malpractice lawyers in MA charge?” Many people assume that the cost of a lawyer is based on the amount of time that they spend on your case, but that’s not necessarily true. Personal injury attorneys do not typically charge clients hourly or flat fees. Instead, they work on a contingency fee basis, meaning they won’t get paid unless they help you recover compensation for your injuries.
How to Choose the Right Boston Medical Malpractice Attorney For Your Case
There are dozens of medical malpractice attorneys in Boston, so it’s important for you to find the one that is best for your case. How? Start off by asking friends and family for recommendations. If none of your loved ones know of any attorneys, consult with the local bar association instead. Once you have a shortlist of medical malpractice lawyers, schedule a consultation with each of them, so you have the opportunity to ask them questions. Find out how much experience they have representing medical malpractice victims, how much success they have had in the past, the average amount of compensation they are able to recover from their clients, and if they work on a contingency fee basis.
Parker Scheer LLP lawyers have successfully represented scores of adults and children injured or killed as a result of medical errors. Medical malpractice litigation remains one of the most complex areas of Massachusetts personal injury law. When selecting an attorney to handle your important medical malpractice case, choose a law firm with a proven record of success. With Parker Scheer LLP, there is never a fee for an initial consultation, and all cases are handled on a contingent fee basis, meaning there is no legal fee charged until we recover for you.
Schedule A Consultation With One of the Top Medical Malpractice Law Firms in Boston
If you have suffered an injury due to a doctor’s negligence, please contact our medical malpractice lawyers for a free consultation and receive a response within hours after filling out this form. You can also call our office at (617) 886-0500.
Our attorneys have years of experience in various practice areas, including medical malpractice, car accidents, truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, wrongful death, and premises liability. We have the legal resources to protect clients’ rights after an injury and help patients recover the compensation that you deserve.