Susan M. Bourque is a Partner in the firm and the Director of the firm’s Tort Litigation Practice Group. Susan has 14 years of years of active experience representing clients in a wide range of complex personal injury claims, with an emphasis on nursing home abuse and neglect cases, and has successfully resolved scores of cases by way of trial, arbitration and mediation.
A family experience initially prompted Susan’s interest in nursing home abuse cases which led to a fierce desire to represents the interests those she considers “our most vulnerable clients”, including those with Alzheimer’s and other severe cognitive deficits, who are among those least able to advocate for themselves. Susan has served as lead counsel and co-counsel on many of the firm’s largest cases and has a proven record of success, whether by way of a negotiated settlement, arbitration, or jury trial. In addition to a busy case load, Susan is also an active participant in Suffolk University Law School’s mentoring program.
- Complex Personal Injury Litigation including:
- Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Home Litigation
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Automobile Negligence
1 Constitution Center
Boston, Massachusetts 02129
- B.S., Rivier College, 1997
- J.D., Suffolk University School of Law, 2000
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- United States District Court, Massachusetts
Professional & Bar Association Memberships
- Women’s Bar Association
- Boston Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- 2014 – Top 100 Trial Lawyers, The National Trial Lawyer
- 2013-2014 – Massachusetts Super Lawyer, Boston Magazine
- 2007 – Up & Coming Lawyer, Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly
- 2005-2012 – Massachusetts Rising Star, Boston Magazine
Legal Papers and Publications
- “Great-West Life & Annuity Company v. Knudson: Contrary to the Belief of Some, Reports of the Death of ERISA-based Health Lines have been Greatly Exaggerated.” Massachusetts Bar Association Section Review, Vol. 4 No. 3, Summer 2002.
- Susan is an avid runner having completed 10 marathons, including 4 Boston Marathons (2011-2014) and several ultra marathons.